I love Pinterest, but rarely have enough free time to try any of the awesome things I find on there. I found a brownie recipe that was okay, but it just dirtied too many items in the kitchen. So I decided to use my math skills and taste buds to tweak it.
What you need:
- 1 coffee mug
- 1 spoon
- cocoa powder
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- water or milk
Have you ever noticed when you put water in a spoon, there is that point when it won’t hold any more and it suddenly starts spilling over? That’s how much of everything you want to put in — the max that spoon can handle of water.
How to do it:
- 4 spoonfuls of sugar
- 4 spoonfuls of flour
- 2 spoonfuls of cocoa powder
Stir the dry ingredients together with the spoon.
- 3 spoonfuls of water or milk
- 2 spoonfuls of oil
Stir the mixture together.
Microwave for less than 2 minutes (1:30-1:45 range depending on your microwave and how it smells).
I like the recipe because:
- No unpronounceable ingredients – I know what’s going in there
- Portion control – It curbs a craving for sweets without having an entire 13″ x 9″ pan of brownies in your home
- Easy Clean up – There are only 2 items to wash
- Fast – It takes less than 5 minutes to make if you know where all the ingredients are in your cupboard
- Memorable – I can remember the ratios really easily (4 flour & sugar, 3 water, 2 oil & cocoa)